Monday, October 19, 2009

Wherein Visa and First Savings of Perkasie Attempt to Call my Bluff

...and I call in the Feds.

Again, this mostly offends me that companies are seemingly doing nothing to take care of their paying customers.

Submitted to the Federal Reserve Consumer Complaint department:
"Over the past several months, I have received numerous calls from Visa Fraud Prevention about fraudulent charges Visa card in the name of Stephen L***** (spelling unknown) ending in XXXX, at my phone number, listed as an alternate contact on this complaint (area code 215). I have been the sole user of this phone number since May 2008. I have never done any business with First Savings Bank of Perkasie nor have I had any contact with Mr L*****. I have contacts this bank on no less than 4 occasions informing them of this problem and insisting they address it, both for my sake and for their paying customer's sake. I have contacted them by phone, leaving messages, sending e-mails via their website and calling and speaking to someone at their main office directly. "

How can your complaint be satisfactorily addressed?
"First Bank of Perkasie needs to locate their customer, obtain his correct phone number and notify Visa to remove my phone number from the contact information for their customer. The First Savings Bank of Perkasie is doing a disservice to their customer for not following up on these requests and potentially leaving Visa liable for thousands of dollars of fraudulent charges.

This is unacceptable. "

2 comments:

RinkRat39 said...

Hi BELTONIUS,

My name is Michael Postorino. I am the Chief Technology Officer at First Savings.

I stumbled across your blog, and wanted to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this incident may be causing you.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience, and I will get the matter resolved.

Thank you,

MICHAEL J POSTORINO
VP/CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER, FIRST SAVINGS
BOX 176
PERKASIE, PA 18944-0176
215.257.5035(P)
Michael.Postorino@firstsavingsonline.com
WWW.FIRSTSAVINGSONLINE.COM

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.