Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wherein Visa Attempts to Provoke me

The following was submitted to the First Savings Bank of Perkasie (PA)

"For the last several days, I've received over a dozen calls from Visa Fraud Prevention about one of your customers, I think a Sxxxxx Lxxxxxx, at my listed phone number regarding fraudulent charges. This robo call gives me no option to tell them they have the wrong number. I called and left a voicemail this Friday evening in your general mailbox about this issue and then again talked to a woman at your main office this morning. I have continued to receive these calls.

PLEASE TRACK DOWN YOUR CUSTOMERS. I do not appreciate receiving their phone calls. If this is not resolved quickly I will file a complaint with the Federal Reserve, not only for my own sake, but for your apparently valued customer who is potentially facing thousands of dollars in fraudulent charges."

Again, this mostly falls under the category of "Companies who are bad at what they do make me angry" rather than any real annoyance. And maybe it's not the bank's fault at all...maybe these people, who I've been getting collections calls, calls about prescriptions being ready, calls from friends and family, weird calls from friends and family, are so desperate to avoid their creditors they continue to falsely give my phone number.

On the plus side, the collection calls have stopped....for now.